Thursday, May 29, 2014

SoBe Lifewater: 0 Calories, 0 Sweeteners of Any Kind, How is it Sweet?

I had a recent encounter with SoBe lifewater. This is something different than what I usually drink. I don't often drink energy drinks, if that's what you would call it. It has ginseng and citrimax, whatever that is. I don't know much about SoBe, but it seems that it is charismatic. It doesn't have sugar, Aspartame, or high-fructose corn syrup, so I have no idea how they sweetened it. It is still pretty sweet though.I went to three places to find it: 7-11, Vons, and K-MART. I did not find it at 7-11, but they do have other SoBe products. Vons has it for $1.69+CRV and K-MART has it for $1.59+CRV. A great deal seeing that I thought it was gonna be like $3-$4! Taste It is a little watery, but not so much that you care. I purchased the strawberry dragon-fruit flavor but there are 14 different flavors! 14! My impression was fun but serious at the same time which begs the question, "why is this so cheap, while maintaining such a youthful sophistication?" 68/100 Texture Now, as I said, it's a little watery, it's non-carbonated, so I can't tell if that's on purpose. It's not so watery that you want to stop drinking it, but watery enough to want to shake it. it keeps a consistent flavor/ texture throughout.Not much else can be said about it though. 43/100 Packaging It comes in a variety of colors depending on what flavor you get. The top half's base is white with Text and lizards in green the bottom half's base is the color of your flavor, with two lizards in a tiled white. Not too gimmicky, but intriguing nonetheless. 56/100 Overall Experience I was entertained by this, but not so much that I would do it all again. It was fun while it lasted, to say the least. FINAL SCORE 53/100

No comments:

Post a Comment