Thursday, May 29, 2014

Calypso Lemonade: Fun and Fabulous!


Today I sampled Calypso Lemonade. I have never had this before but I have heard a lot about it. I was optimistic that it would be good. There are many flavors but I chose the Pineapple Passion one. I didn't catch the pricing but was less than two dollars+CRV and that's pretty good. My thoughts are as follows:

Taste

It's pretty good, considering that even though it says "Pineapple Passion" the ingredients have no trace of pineapple juice anywhere. I was disappointed at this fact. Even so, It was still fairly good tasting. It's promise of passion fruit however proved true, it was delicious. The lemon wasn't at all too sour as long as you take medium sips. Not big but not small. Not much else can be said other than my rating

66/100

Texture

As I said if you take small sips, you can taste the acidity. other than that, it isn't bad. It intentionally has pulp, not a lot, just enough to add to it's flavor and not get in the way. It's not even noticeable unless you look for it. It isn't at all bad. I have some wounds on my body and, to test the acidity, I poured some on it. It didn't burn. Not even a little.

78/100

Packaging

It says "Calypso" on the front with the "o" made to look like a lemon. Above it it says "Taste of the Islands" Below the "Calypso" it says the flavor. And in the background it has the fruits of the flavors on a glass bottle. On the cap it has lizard wearing sunglasses and an island hat with the bottle in his tail. It was fun and had a tropical feel to it (NAH REALLY?) and was kind of to be expected. I wasn't baffled or astonished by it but I wasn't mad at it.

58/100

Overall Experience


I wasn't hateful of it. I actually thought it was a tad whimsical and maybe a bit insane in a good way. I might have a bias because I have been sick for a while and found that NyQuil helps. So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment